Is it time to create the in-home oasis of your dreams? Are those dreams a little foggy? For many homeowners, it’s difficult to determine which upgrades, features and fixtures to include in their newly remodeled bathroom. As an experienced remodeling contractor in Syracuse, IN, we stay up to date on the latest trends in colors, lighting and design. If you’re considering an update for your bathroom, the following ideas will help you get started:
- Tile: Take your tile beyond your flooring. Add a colorful backsplash behind your sink. Tile an entire wall for a dramatic effect. This is a great way to create an accent wall without paint. Consider using glass mosaic tile to incorporate your favorite colors.
- Repurposed vanity: Who says you have to use an assembly-line vanity from the hardware store? Turn a piece of furniture into a vanity by cutting a hole in a dresser or chest and adding a drop-in sink. This repurposed furniture gives your bathroom a unique look.
- Shower curtains: That’s right—you don’t have to use a singular curtain. Using a liner to protect the fabric, hang curtains to add a touch of elegance to your shower-tub combo. Tie them back when not in use for an attractive draped look.
- Enhanced storage: If you’re bathroom has deep cabinets, add pull-out shelves to make things more accessible. Add storage drawers or racks to the inside of cabinet doors for additional storage. Consult with a remodeling company in Syracuse, IN about adding built-in cabinets or a linen closet.
- Refurbished vanity: If your vanity is dated, you may be able to quickly update your bathroom without replacing this main feature. Use a finishing product or paint designed to cover pre-finished surfaces. You can quickly change the paint color or stain to create an entirely new look for your vanity, without sanding.
- Heated flooring: Wouldn’t warm tiles feel great in the winter? Ask your remodeling company in Syracuse, IN about installing a radiant-heat system under your ceramic tile. Add a colorful area rug on top for additional comfort when you step out of the shower.
- Inviting hearth: A flickering fire can add warmth and beauty to your relaxing bath. Add a small fireplace to your bathroom. And if the wall connects to your bedroom, ask your remodeling contractor in Syracuse, IN to make it double-sided.
- Luxury spray: Don’t settle for a standard showerhead. If you’re remodeling your bathroom, treat yourself to a luxury showerhead. Body sprays, handheld showerheads and dual showerheads are a great option to upgrade your space, and they are easy to install.
- Light and airy: Many older bathrooms lack proper lighting. A simple light fixture change can transform your space. Think outside traditional bathroom fixtures and add a beautiful chandelier over your tub.
From simple painting projects to complex skylight installations, your bathroom remodeling options are virtually limitless. When you’re ready to get started, contact your remodeling contractor in Syracuse, IN for a professional consultation. Reach out to the experts at Buhrt Builders Inc. today!
This post was written by Writer