Questions to Ask When Selecting a House Builder in Syracuse, INDecember 27, 2017 9:52 pm Leave your thoughts
Building the home of your dreams is a big decision. You are going to make a large investment and spend a lot of time and energy helping to create your new home, so you want to be sure you’re working with people you can trust.
After you’ve decided to build your home from the ground up, you’ll need to select a reliable house builder in Syracuse, IN. There are tons of construction companies out there, but they won’t all be able to give you what you want and make the home building process as easy as possible for you.
When you’re looking into builders to hire for your new house, take the time to call each one on the phone or meet in person to discuss your needs. A short interview can help you uncover which builder will be the right choice. Here are some of the most important questions to ask your potential house builder in Syracuse, IN:
- How long have you been in business? You want to work with a home builder who has a lot of experience. Building a home is not an easy task, so be sure to ask them how long they’ve been in the home building industry to gauge their level of experience and expertise.
- How many and what types of homes have you built? Even if the company has been around for a long time, the builders might not have built a lot of homes, or specialize in one particular type of home. Asking this question can help ensure that the builder will be able to produce your desired type of home without any major problems.
- Are you licensed and insured? This question is extremely important—you don’t want to select a builder and begin the process, only to later find out that they are uninsured when something goes wrong. For the protection of their company, their employees and you and your family, only work with licensed professionals who have proof of insurance.
- Can you provide references from past clients? Past clients are great people to talk to in order to get a good sense of the builder, their service and reliability. Ask for a list of references and contact them to see how the clients liked working with the builder, or if they had problems.
- How and when can I make changes during construction? If you decide sometime during the building process that you want to make changes, you’ll need to know if you can, when and how. Your home builder should be able to set deadlines for when changes have to be communicated.
- How much will it cost? New homes are large investments, and you’ll need to be able to get your finances in order to pay the bill. Ask each builder for a cost estimate to make sure you’re not getting ripped off. Be cautious, though—the cheapest option isn’t always the best one.
- How long will the building process take? Finally, you’ll want to ask for an estimated timetable so you can adequately prepare for the duration of the home building process. The home builder should be able to provide you a rough estimate of how long the process will take, but keep in mind that certain setbacks may cause delays in the building process.
If you’re ready to build your dream home, call the team at Buhrt Builders Inc. Our family-owned business has been in the industry for 70 years, providing custom home builds, remodeling services, additions and more. If you need a reliable house builder in Syracuse, IN, look no further—reach out to us today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: House Builder
This post was written by Writer