They say good fences make good neighbors. Whether or not that’s 100 percent true may depend on who your neighbors are, but a few things about good fences are certain. Great fences boost your property value, increase your security and ensure your privacy. But there are tons of different fencing options out there, and choosing the right one can be difficult. Continue reading to learn more about some of the most popular fencing options from your custom home builder in Syracuse, IN:
- Aluminum: Regular fence maintenance is a hassle with most types of fences. Fortunately, that’s not the case with aluminum fencing! You’ll never have to worry about making minor repairs or repainting your new aluminum fence. Additionally, aluminum is cost-effective and can be designed to look like many other types of fences. Unfortunately, aluminum fencing isn’t all roses. Aluminum doesn’t provide as much security as other materials, and it’s susceptible to damage in nasty weather.
- Wood: Wooden fences are some of the most popular fences you’ll see across the country. They provide ultimate privacy (especially tall ones), and they can be painted to compliment the color of your home. A wood fence can also stand the test of time if its repainted and well maintained. Keep in mind that you may have to pay a pretty penny for a beautiful and tall wooden fence. The price of lumber varies depending on the wood you choose, but wooden fences are generally some of the most expensive options on the market.
- PVC: Do you like the look of wood, but don’t have the budget for it? Choose PVC for your next fence! PVC can look identical to a wooden fence, but is only a fraction of the price. Unlike wood, PVC isn’t painted, but it comes in a wide variety of colors that’ll please any homeowner. On the downside, PVC isn’t nearly as sturdy as wood, so you may have to replace it after a heavy winter storm.
- Wrought iron: Wrought iron has become an increasingly popular fencing choice for homeowners over the past couple of years. It’s a unique option that adds a custom flair to your yard. But if you’re installing a fence for privacy, wrought iron is a pretty awful choice. Passersby can see right through iron bars into your yard. Wrought iron is also an expensive fencing option, so be ready to spend some big bucks for this choice.
- Chain link: “Durable, versatile and inexpensive” are three of the best words used to describe chain link fencing. A chain link fence is ideal if you’re looking to set a boundary for your property while also saving a few bucks. As you can imagine, chain link fencing is like wrought iron because it doesn’t provide any privacy. Luckily for you, that’s an easy fix! Many homeowners plant vines and shrubs to create a sense of privacy without spending a fortune.
Regardless of the type of fence you choose, look no further than Buhrt Builders Inc. for installation. We’ll prove to you why we’re the top custom home builder in Syracuse, IN and the best company to put up your brand new fence!
Categorised in: Home Builder
This post was written by Writer