It’s hard to believe that it’s already August and fall is right around the corner. You might be ready for some cooler weather, but your home could probably use some extra preparation. The systems, components and materials in your home are designed to withstand all kinds of weather conditions and temperature fluctuations, but it’s still important that you take steps to prepare for the change in weather. Planning ahead and working with an experienced general contractor in Syracuse, IN can help you make sure that your home is ready for everything the season has in store:
- Get outdoor chores out of the way: Nobody enjoys cleaning out gutters or cleaning siding, but you should take care of these outdoor chores before fall rolls around. By the time it’s actually fall, cooler temperatures and stormy conditions might make you hesitant to head outside. Make the most of clear skies and comfortable temperatures so that you can relax when temperatures drop.
- Prepare your lawn and garden: Don’t neglect your garden and lawn until spring comes around again next year. Instead, take care of your outdoor space by planting bulbs, servicing your irrigation system, trimming your landscaping and inspecting trees for signs of broken or falling limbs.
- Promote heating efficiency: It’s a great time to inspect and service your HVAC system so that it’s ready to go when things really start to cool off. You should schedule a professional tune-up for your system and get your filters changed to promote effective furnace operation. Make sure that your thermostat is set up to keep your heating costs down, and check for any drafts in your home that might reduce its efficiency. If you’ve been thinking about reinforcing your insulation or replacing your windows for energy-efficient options, now is a great time to do it.
- Inspect your roof and siding: You should inspect your roof and siding to check for any signs of wear and damage that should be patched up before the weather gets colder and stormier. Neglecting damaged siding or missing shingles can leave your home vulnerable to water damage and structural issues. If you’re concerned about your home’s exterior, it’s a good idea to call a general contractor in Syracuse, IN for help.
- Safeguard outdoor fixtures and features: You should start to gradually winterize your home’s exterior by closing your pool, putting away gardening tools, draining the gas from your lawn equipment and storing your outdoor furniture. You should also shut off your outdoor faucets and sprinkler system.
Make sure you’re ready for fall with help from the team at Buhrt Builders Inc. Our family owned and operated home building company has been serving clients in and around Syracuse with comprehensive construction and remodeling services since 1947. We’re proud of our reputation within the community, and we are committed to providing exceptional service to every client we work with. No matter how big or small your project may be, our experienced team can help you every step of the way. Whether it’s a simple repair or a complete renovation, we have the skills, experience and resources necessary to help you out. Call us today to find out more!
Categorised in: General Contractor
This post was written by Writer