10 Home Design Trends to Watch for in 2019December 18, 2018 9:21 pm Leave your thoughts
These days, people are becoming more creative than ever when it comes to home design and construction, but there are still distinct patterns and trends emerging in home renovation and remodeling. People want to make their spaces feel personal while reflecting taste, style and modern themes with help from a general contractor in Syracuse, IN. Read on to find out more about 10 of the most popular design trends that you can expect to see in 2019:
- Multi-functional rooms: The family culture has changed in many ways over the last several decades, and one of the most significant changes has come about with the shift away from formal dining and living areas. Today’s families need spaces that serve a variety of purposes, from dining to homework to entertainment.
- Natural materials: Neutral colors and natural wood floors feature prominently in modern homes. Many people like the authenticity that these natural materials and décor styles reflect.
- Practical kitchens: For decades, kitchen design has followed a relatively uniform framework with expansive cabinetry and drawers, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, but these trends aren’t always practical. Today, homeowners are designing kitchens with their lifestyle and convenience in mind.
- Outdoor living space: Homeowners are maximizing their outdoor space with large patios, gazebos, outdoor kitchens and other features that offer space for entertaining, relaxation and quality time with family.
- Eco-friendly features: As people become more conscious of environmental issues, they seek out eco-friendly features for their homes. Energy-efficient appliances, upgraded insulation, window tinting and sustainable building materials are all increasingly popular among homeowners.
- Clean lines: Modern home design is all about clean lines and open spaces. This polished design offers homeowners a level of sleekness and sophistication in their homes.
- One-of-a-kind features: Everyone is different, so why should every home look the same? Homeowners want to express themselves through their home design and décor, so unique features and designs appear more frequently in contemporary homes.
- Small space design: People who live in apartments or small homes are becoming more conscious of their home décor and design. There is a much bigger emphasis on designing for small spaces with practical furniture and space-efficient features.
- Bold colors and patterns: Homeowners have become far bolder with their patterns and colors in recent years. From accent walls to decorative pillows, homeowners aren’t afraid to get creative with the patterns and colors in their homes.
- Mixed materials: Kitchens and bathrooms are no longer bound by uniform materials and colors. Homeowners feel free to mix bronze hardware, stainless steel faucets and copper lighting elements all within the same room.
Trends come and go, but the quality of the services you can expect from Buhrt Builders Inc. has remained consistent for the last seven decades. Our team specializes in a wide range of construction and remodeling services, so we can help you with everything from a minor renovation to a custom home construction project. No matter what your vision for your dream home may be, our team is here to make it a reality. Give us a call today to find out more about everything that we can do for you and to begin working with an experienced general contractor in Syracuse, IN.
Categorised in: General Contractor
This post was written by Writer