Installing a patio is one of the best decisions you can make as a homeowner. A patio isn’t just a great place to spend your time and entertain your friends—it can also dramatically increase the property value of your home. If there’s one problem with patio installation, however, it’s the fact that there are so many different materials you have to choose from. This post from a longtime patio builder in Syracuse, IN will cover the pros and cons of a few of the top materials on the market:
- Gravel: A solid surface is probably what comes to mind when you think of a patio, but gravel is quickly becoming one of the more popular options out there. Gravel is cost-effective and looks great in most yards. Additionally, it’s easy to install yourself!
- Sand: Like gravel, sand isn’t exactly the most traditional patio material. Sand is a great option if you’re trying to create a fun tropical theme in your backyard, or if you have a pool. However, keep in mind that sand can get a bit messy, especially if it rains.
- Concrete: If you’re looking to install a patio on the cheap, concrete is your best bet. Even though it’s inexpensive, concrete still looks fabulous in your yard and can last for many years to come. If you’re not sold on the standard look of concrete, consider simply using it as a slab and adding decorative tiles on top of it.
- Clay bricks: Clay is a bit more expensive than concrete or gravel. However, you really get what you pay for when you opt for clay bricks. Consider hiring a professional to make beautiful designs out of the bricks, along with mortar to ensure everything stays in place.
- Flagstone: Patios made of flagstone are becoming more and more popular across the nation. Flagstone comes in a variety of colors to match the rest of your yard, and it lasts a really long time. Like clay bricks, flagstone is a material that you’ll want to hire a pro to install. Though hiring a patio builder in Syracuse, IN may not be as cheap as doing it yourself, you can rest easy knowing that the job will be done right.
- Tile: Tiles aren’t just for your bathroom or kitchen anymore! Many homeowners choose tile for their patio because it’s easy to clean and stands out from the crowd. Keep in mind that you’ll want to lay tile on top of another surface (like concrete) to ensure it’s as durable as possible.
- Patio pavers: If you’re a DIY-er, patio pavers are your best friend! They’re inexpensive and are easy to install without the use of mortar. Better still, patio pavers come in a wide variety of materials that will look fantastic in any yard. Whether you’re trying to replicate the look of wood, brick or cut stone, patio pavers could be right for you.
Regardless of which kind of patio you want, be sure to choose Buhrt Builders Inc. to install it! Give us a call today to learn why we’re a trusted patio builder in Syracuse, IN.
Categorised in: Patio Builder
This post was written by Writer