According to the National Association of Realtors, the average homeowner lives in their house for about 10 years. Since they’re generally in it for the long haul, homeowners across the nation remodel their homes to meet their needs and really make their places their own! There are a ton of good reasons why you should remodel, and this post from your remodeling contractor in Syracuse, IN will cover a few of them:
- Your flooring is old: It shouldn’t be a huge surprise that your flooring takes a beating throughout its lifespan. Wear and tear only get worse for families with pets and young children in the household. Regardless of the type of flooring you have, it’ll start to look tattered and worn sooner rather than later. If that sounds like your flooring, now is the time to replace it. Believe it or not, new floors are more affordable than ever, so you won’t need to break the bank to replace them.
- The roof is leaking: Your roof can handle a lot, but it’s not invincible. An asphalt shingle roof can last about 20 years before it starts looking shoddy and potentially starts leaking. If you’re dealing with any leaks, it’s better to bite the bullet and replace your roof now instead of waiting until the problem gets worse.
- Your home is too crowded: Is your family growing? If so, you may want to think about adding on to your home! Adding a new bedroom or expanding your current living space will make your whole family a lot more comfortable, and ensure that everyone has plenty of privacy and space.
- The paint is dingy: Much like your flooring, the paint on your walls won’t last forever. Sooner or later, it’ll start to look shabby or begin to fade. When that happens, it’s time to repaint! A new coat of paint can brighten up your room, take years off the look of your home and even make your living space look bigger than it actually is.
- Your kitchen or bathrooms look old: Styles change in real estate as often as they do in the fashion world. What was fashionable and cool last year might not be “in” this year. There’s a good chance that your bathrooms or kitchen are already starting to look dated if they were designed to be trendy. If that’s the case, now is a good time to have them remodeled and updated. Additionally, upgrading the fixtures and appliances in your bathroom or kitchen can add more functionality to the space, and make your life a whole lot easier.
- You plan to sell soon: There may come a time when you decide to sell your home and move on to another one. If that day is on the horizon, we recommend doing some sort of remodeling project. Even the smallest home improvement projects can increase the value of your home, and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
Whether you want to remodel because your home feels a bit old, your family is growing or you want to sell it soon, be sure to choose Buhrt Builders Inc. as your remodeling contractor in Syracuse, IN. Our professionals have all of the right skills and tools to remodel any part of your home. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you!
Categorised in: Remodeling Contractor
This post was written by Writer