Preparing to build a new custom home is an exciting and life-changing time. But investing in your family’s future with a brand-new home can also be overwhelming when considering all of the critical decisions that will have to be made along the way. If you aren’t sure where to begin, follow along with this guide to learn about some of the top 2020 home trends in Syracuse, IN for custom builds:
- Smart homes: With unprecedented access to continued technological advancements, many homeowners are including automation as an integral feature in their new home design. By providing one-touch or voice-activated control over important aspects like the temperature and lighting, these automated systems can help to drastically improve the efficiency and functionality of your home.
- Kitchens are the focal point: Over time, the kitchen has turned into one of the most important rooms in the home, and many new builds are giving priority to this area in the design as a result. More and more, kitchens have become not just a place to eat meals, but a space to spend quality time with your family and entertain guests. In order to accommodate this new trend, kitchens are being turned into larger, more open spaces that connect with the dining or living room, and features like central islands and breakfast nooks are becoming the new standard.
- Lighting design: Lighting continues to be one of the most prominent facets of all construction projects, but there has been a push for improved efficiency and energy usage. Architectural design now seeks to find unique ways to include more natural sunlight into new custom builds, which can go a long way in opening up and improving the look and feel of any room.
- Bathroom relaxation: Bathrooms are now more than just functional areas to handle your basic needs, and are instead being transformed into luxurious relaxation spaces. More homeowners wish to bring the feel of the spa right into their home, which means that features like hydro-massage tubs or saunas are now being incorporated in new custom build designs. To provide the serene and peaceful look that fully captures the atmosphere, white or very light colors are used for the décor throughout, along with simple, yet relaxing furniture.
- Industrial architecture: This style of homebuilding, which has become increasingly popular of late, draws heavily from industrial construction, with a focus on simplicity and the absence of surface elements. The industrial style uses a combination of iron, wood, aluminum and recycled objects wherever they can be included, which can help to reduce material costs for your construction.
Here at Buhrt Builders Inc., we understand that building a brand-new home from the ground up can be just as nerve-racking as it is exhilarating, which is why we are here to help alleviate any worry you may feel about the process. With over 60 years of experience, our knowledgeable team will be there to help guide you every step of the way, executing your vision to make your dream home a reality. To learn more about 2020 home trends in Syracuse, IN and get started building your future, call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Home Builder
This post was written by Writer