Top Reasons to Remodel Your HomeMarch 26, 2020 7:55 pm Leave your thoughts
Eventually, we all outgrow our homes in one way or another—dated architecture, changing family needs and more can affect our enjoyment and its resale value. This is why many people wonder if they should remodel their homes in Syracuse, IN.
One of the most important things you should decide before your home remodel is why you’re interested: are you planning to resell or are you planning to stay there for decades? This will help guide the type and extent of your remodeling project:
- Aging in place: Many people who choose to live at home in their senior years find that they need to take limited mobility into consideration. Aging in place renovations might include widened doorways, smoother floors, lowered countertops and other features that help seniors maintain independence.
- Updating to go green: If you’ve been spending too much money on your utility bills, replacing your windows with energy-efficient windows, improving your insulation and replacing the roof can do wonders for your monthly costs.
- Getting ready to resell: If your home is more than 10 years old, chances are it’s starting to look a little outdated in some ways. Remodeling can help you appeal to people who are interested in design trends like open concept floor plans, and make it more visually appealing indoors and out.
- Adding more functional space: Finishing your basement and attic, or adding porches, rooms, patios and other living space, can do a lot to increase the value of your home as well as give you more places to gather, entertain or retreat at the end of the day. Finished basements and attics can even serve as extra bedrooms for a growing family.
- Make your kitchen easier to use: Anyone who loves to cook probably has visions of their dream kitchen, whether that includes double ovens, a big kitchen island and wet bar, built-in pantries, breakfast nooks and more. If you’ve ever had a party where everyone ended up in the kitchen, you know how having the extra room can benefit you and your guests.
- Get the bathroom of your dreams: A new bathroom can make your home feel a lot more luxurious. Consider separate bath and shower areas, closet space, improved vanities and other touches that will make getting ready for the day (or unwinding from it) more enjoyable.
- Update the outdated: From pink or avocado appliances and countertops to other design choices that should have been left in the ‘70s, even small remodels can drastically update and improve the look of your home. Even something as seemingly small as adding new windows and front doors can bring your home into the 21st
“Should I remodel my home?” For Syracuse, IN residents, turn to Buhrt Builders Inc. for help. We specialize in designing and renovating custom homes, with a focus on using the highest quality materials and an eye toward luxury and style. Since 1947, our team has helped clients conceptualize and build their dream homes, working with them through every step of the process. Call us today for a free estimate, and find out what a home remodel can do for you.
Categorised in: Remodeling Services
This post was written by Writer