The Advantages of Built-In FurnitureApril 21, 2020 11:10 pm Leave your thoughts
Built-in furniture in Syracuse, IN adds a significant amount of character to a home. While you do have to consider some of the disadvantages, such as a lack of versatility with changing around the layout of a room, or the potential challenges associated with future moves or changes to the structure of your home, there are still plenty of advantages that make built-ins a highly sought-after feature among homebuyers across the United States.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the primary advantages associated with the use of built-in furniture:
- It saves space: Built-in furniture is fitted into the structure of your home, meaning you don’t have to worry about the extra space it takes up by being a freestanding object jutting out farther into the room. In fact, if the built-in furniture in question is a cabinet or shelving unit, it can actually create more space for you to take advantage of in the room in question, without having to make your room feel cramped or crowded.
- Greater home value: As we alluded to already, homebuyers are constantly looking for aesthetically pleasing, luxurious features like built-in furniture. The presence of built-ins in your home can add to its value, so if you plan to sell in the future, you can use this as a selling point.
- Uniqueness: Built-in furniture is always custom-built for the space in which it is installed. This means you’re getting an element of uniqueness out of your furniture that you simply wouldn’t be able to get if you purchased furniture at a store, where it’s just one of many mass-produced models. That customization is one of the reasons why it also adds to the value of your home.
- Outstanding durability: In the vast majority of cases, you can expect built-in furniture to be made with high-quality materials that make it extremely durable and capable of withstanding the test of time. The built-ins will suffer little damage because they won’t be moved around or mishandled. The materials used are generally of higher quality, like hard woods and high-quality fixtures and finishings.
- Opportunities for further customization: If you wish to add further customization to your built-ins, you will still be able to refinish them to your liking. This could mean sanding down and staining in a different color to match refinished hardwood floors, or painting to add accents or to blend with the color palette you’re using for your interior design in that room. Just because they’re built in doesn’t mean you are stuck with the appearance they had when you moved in.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Simply put, built-in furniture offers a sense of luxury and style that makes it highly attractive and appealing. Depending on the style of home you have, it can also add a great deal of authenticity, particularly for older homes.
For more information about some of the biggest advantages of built-in furniture in Syracuse, IN, we encourage you to contact the team at Buhrt Builders Inc. today. We’d be happy to provide you with more information about our construction capabilities.
Categorised in: Built-In Furniture
This post was written by Writer