Homeowners have a lot of choices when it comes to roofing materials. There are lots of different roofing materials on the market that are designed for strength, durability and longevity. If you’re trying to choose roofing materials for a custom home build or roof replacement project, it’s a good idea to consider some of the most common roofing materials in Syracuse, IN to make the decision easier.
Common roofing materials in Syracuse, IN
Homeowners have lots of different options for roofing materials, and they all have unique advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a closer look at a few of the most common roofing materials in Syracuse, IN:
- Tiles: Clay and concrete tiles are very common in Mediterranean and Southwestern home design. Tile roofing materials are heavier than shingles or metal roofing, but they also offer increased durability. These tiles typically come in organic colors, like terracotta, that complement stone, stucco and other natural home exterior materials.
- Asphalt shingles: Asphalt shingle roofing is one of the most popular choices for homeowners. Asphalt is popular because of its low cost, great long-term performance and ease of installation. Asphalt shingles can often be installed from start to finish in a single day, and that makes the roofing process a lot easier on homeowners.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofing is a durable material that’s resistant to all kinds of adverse weather conditions. Homeowners can choose between metal roofing panels or shingles, depending on their preferences. Metal roofing lasts a long time and can be recycled, making it a very sustainable option.
- Wood shingles: Wood shingles and wood shakes are great options for homeowners who want to achieve a natural, classic look using an authentic roofing material. Wood shakes typically take on a beautiful gray shade as they age and weather, which makes them an attractive option for the long term.
- Slate: Slate comes in many deep shades of green, gray, purple, red and black. Slate roofing is unique and looks great on classically designed homes, including colonial and French style homes. However, slate roofing can be pricy, and it is also heavy, which means it isn’t the right option for every home. Still, slate is a popular choice because of its aesthetic appeal, durability and style.
- Synthetic roofing: Synthetic roofing materials are made with rubber, plastic and polymers and are designed to look like slate or wood shingles. Synthetic roofing materials are great for homeowners who want to achieve the look and feel of natural roofing materials while avoiding the higher cost associated with wood shingles. Synthetic roofing is durable and lightweight, but it’s also susceptible to water absorption and isn’t the best choice for homes in very rainy climates.
If you’re looking for a reputable contractor to provide roofing services, reach out to Buhrt Builders Inc. We are a family owned and operated business that’s been serving the community since 1947. We provide a wide range of services, from custom homebuilding to residential remodeling, and are able to work with the most common roofing materials in Syracuse, IN. To find out more about what we have to offer and request a consultation, give our team a call today.
Categorised in: Roofing Materials
This post was written by Writer