Thinking about doing some home renovations? You’re not alone: Americans have spent over $330 billion on home renovations in the third quarter of 2020, and that number is projected to rise even higher going into 2021. Being stuck at home has likely highlighted the need for some major improvements. However, not every renovation or upgrade will add to your home’s resale value, so you need to choose wisely. Here are the best home renovations to increase your Syracuse, IN house’s value:
- A better HVAC unit: Green living is more popular than ever, so if you’re still using a 20-year-old HVAC system, maybe it’s time for an upgrade. A well-maintained unit can last 15 to 20 years, and new models keep your utility costs low. Don’t forget to include a smart thermostat, which allows you to keep tabs on your usage even when you’re not home.
- Energy-efficient appliances: Speaking of green living, energy-efficient appliances can make your home appealing to buyers. Swap out your laundry machine, dishwasher and refrigerator for versions that will save power and water.
- Energy-efficient windows: Changing your old windows out for energy efficient windows will also save you money on heating and cooling costs, and protect your furnishings from fading.
- Finished basements: More living space is always a good idea, especially now that more people are working from home. Turn your basement into an office, media room, play room, extra bedroom or gathering space.
- Fresh exteriors: Curb appeal plays a major part in getting buyers interested, so make sure you touch up your home with a fresh coat of paint, new siding or landscaping.
- Hardwood flooring: Hardwood floors are a perennial buyer favorite, and consistently provide high returns on investment.
- Low-flow toilets: Like energy-efficient appliances, low-flow toilets are a smart way to save water—and your buyers will appreciate the extra touch.
- New garage door: A new garage door can dramatically transform the look of your home, and many models are designed to provide good insulation, too.
- New kitchen and bathroom fixtures: If you want to focus on simple touches, try changing your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. They’ll make your home look more modern, even if you don’t change anything else about the rooms.
- New roof: You should be keeping up on your roof maintenance and re-roofing as needed anyway, but a new roof is a green light for buyers. Anytime you can show them that they won’t need to make many improvements or replacements, you can command a higher price.
- Open floor plans: Open floor plans continue to be popular, so consider knocking out a few walls in your living space if the structure allows it. It makes for a bigger, airier-looking home.
- Steel front doors: Finally, consider a steel front door. Not only will they provide a good return on your investment, but they’re safer and provide better insulation.
When you’re ready to start home renovations in Syracuse, IN, reach out to Buhrt Builders Inc. We can help you transform your house for maximum resale value.
Categorised in: Remodeling Services
This post was written by Writer