Some Great Summer Remodeling TipsJune 25, 2018 6:04 pm Leave your thoughts
If you’ve been looking into remodeling your home for some time now, there’s no better time than the summer to make it happen. While spring is the traditional remodeling season, during summer you won’t have to worry as much about cold weather, wind, rain and snow, which is beneficial for a lot of types of remodeling jobs.
Of course, you don’t have to spring for a massive home improvement job this summer if you can’t afford it—there are plenty of smaller projects you can take on that will help you transform your house into the home of your dreams.
With this in mind, here are a few summer remodeling ideas and tips from Buhrt Builders Inc, a trusted remodeling company in Syracuse, IN:
- Air conditioning: If you do not have central air conditioning in your home, it is definitely a worthwhile investment, especially if you have children or if you spend a lot of time at home during the summer months. Even here in the Midwest the heat can get quite intense between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and air conditioning can provide you with some welcome relief. It also adds a good amount of value to your home. If you already have air conditioning, make sure you’re taking good care of it by changing or cleaning your filters and checking the condensation hose.
- Ceiling fans: Another great way to keep cool during the summer months is to install ceiling fans in the bedrooms and main living areas of your home. This is one of the cheapest projects to help you improve the air circulation in your house. These fans are energy efficient and provide a lot of benefit in helping keep your indoor spaces cool.
- Windows: Summer is a great time to get your windows replaced. If you have old, broken or worn-out windows, energy-efficient windows can make a tremendous difference. They’ll do much better at keeping the cool air in and the hot air out during the summer months, while also decreasing the amount of energy that has to be expended to cool your home.
- Painting: Summer is an ideal time to paint rooms in your house, because you can open up windows and run fans to keep the fumes from becoming too much to handle. This is a very cheap home maintenance project that can make a major difference in the aesthetic of a room. You’d be amazed at how something as simple as a fresh coat of paint can transform a room!
- Kitchen remodeling: Many people opt to have their kitchen remodels done during the summer, because it’s much easier to cook and eat outside during those warmer months. Not only do kitchen remodels increase the efficiency, beauty and practicality of your home, but they can also increase the value of your home by a whole lot of money.
- Outdoor projects: With the weather being nice, there are plenty of projects you can take on outside as well, including pressure washing, gutter cleaning and repair, painting, landscaping, pest control and deck maintenance.
For more summer home remodeling and maintenance tips, contact our remodeling company in Syracuse, IN today.
Categorised in: Remodeling Company
This post was written by Writer