You might be cranking up your air conditioner at this point in the summer, but pretty soon you’ll be switching gears and utilizing your furnace as cool fall weather sets in. Maintaining your HVAC system might not be on your mind right now, but it’s an important aspect of maintaining your home. Fall is a great time to consider maintaining your system so that you can feel confident in its operation when things start to cool down this fall. Here are some tips from a home builder in Syracuse, IN:
- Keep your thermostat in check: When temperatures drop, you might notice that your monthly energy bill starts to rise. To curb waste and keep your energy usage in check, you should set your thermostat a few degrees lower during the winter. Wear an extra layer and keep some blankets around the house to stay warm without cranking up the thermostat.
- Replace your filters: The filters in your HVAC system are essential to promoting proper air circulation. When filters become obstructed, they will prevent your system from running efficiently and can drive up your energy costs.
- Clean your system: All kinds of dirt and debris can get stuck in your system, including in your filters, ductwork and the mechanical components of your air conditioner and furnace. Make sure to get your system cleaned thoroughly to clear out any of the particles that might negatively affect its operation and efficiency.
- Take care of outdoor maintenance in advance: While the weather outside is still bearable, you should try to take care of as many of your outdoor chores as possible. Clean out your gutters, tend to your lawn, organize your tool shed and keep any equipment, machinery and outdoor furniture covered or stored away to protect them from cold and rainy conditions.
- Get an HVAC inspection and tune-up: You can’t go wrong with a professional inspection of your HVAC system. A professional may be able to catch issues that you may not notice at first glance. They can also clean your system, take care of any minor mechanical repairs and replace your filters so that your HVAC ready to be used in the cooler months. You can also ask your technician about how to program your thermostat to maximize efficiency while still keeping your home comfortable. They will likely have some good advice for you about how to program and care for your system.
Maintaining a home that you can feel proud of isn’t always easy, but Buhrt Builders Inc. is here to help take some of the guesswork out of it so that you can have peace of mind in your home, no matter what kind of circumstances come your way. We are a team of experienced home builders and contractors with a longstanding track record for the quality of our work. Since 1947, we have been dedicated to serving our customers with home building, remodeling, renovations, property management and a number of other services. When you need help from a professional home builder in Syracuse, IN, we are the team to call. To find out about all of the services that we offer and to get started with a consultation, give us a call today!
Categorised in: Home Builder
This post was written by Writer