Home Decorating Tips for the 2018 Holiday Season!November 23, 2018 9:55 pm Leave your thoughts
You’ve likely spent a lot of time throughout the year doing things to your home, such as cleaning and maintenance, or maybe you invested in remodeling services in Syracuse, IN. Since fall and winter are the holiday months, let’s celebrate a successful year! There’s little time to waste, though, since the holidays are right around the corner—but where should you start? What should you do? The good news is that decorating your home has never been easier—and the simpler, the better. Just incorporate your cheer and some favorite holiday colors and scents.
Whether your home is older, a new build or newly remodeled, putting up festive decorations inside and outside can make your space feel cozy and welcoming. Below are some home decorating tips for the 2018 holiday season:
- Flowers and greenery: From potted plants to fresh cut flowers, nothing adds life to a home during the holidays like greenery. Because you’re decorating for the holidays, get your hands on items like green garlands, mistletoe, cedar branches and potted paperwhites, poinsettias and white amaryllis. Potted plants will last through the holidays, while garlands look great draped over stair banisters, fireplace mantels and front doors.
- Candles: As a home decoration, candles pull triple duty—they are pretty, smell pleasant and provide gentle light. Some of the most popular holiday candle fragrances are apple cinnamon, maple sugar, cranberry, sugar cookie and vanilla. Choose your favorites, place them around your house and enjoy!
- Clear string lights: Colorful Christmas lights are fun, but consider small clear string lights this holiday season. These little lights will add subtle charm to any room, whether inside or outside. Did you recently invest in remodeling services in Syracuse, IN? Then use clear lights to make your updated space say “look at me!” to visiting friends and family. When used separately from color string lights, they give off a rustic cottage feel. Done right, clear string lights may be all that you need to decorate for the holidays.
- Room accents: The quickest and easiest way to decorate your living room or outside living space for the holidays is to replace regular throw pillows and blankets with colorful ones. Whether forest green, burgundy, red, orange, gold or silver, pick your favorites and run with them! Hands down, holiday pillows and throws will add festive textures to any room’s decor.
- Centerpieces: Whether it’s your dining room table, coffee table or kitchen countertop, a beautiful festive centerpiece could be just the thing you need to celebrate the holiday season. For example, take a long garland, wrap it into a layered circle and place items like candles and pine cones in the center of it.
- Festive tableware: The holidays can feel extra special with festive tableware incorporated into the mix. Holiday colored or themed mugs, glasses, plates, bowls, utensils, table linens and napkins can be on hand for dinner parties, or you can take advantage of the wonderful season and enjoy them every day.
No matter the time of year, Buhrt Builders Inc. is always available to provide professional remodeling services in Syracuse, IN. Call us today to schedule a consultation!
Categorised in: Remodeling Services
This post was written by Writer